Tuesday, February 24, 2009

The Millionaire Mind


Apparently the author Thomas J Stanley has been studying millionaires since the 70s. That is his specialty. He studies them, understands them and tells the rest of the world about it and he's a millionaire because of that. Quite cool eh?

The book details about millionaire lifestyle not just in terms their business ideas (which is what one reads about most of the time) but the nitty gritty of the millionaire lifestyle including whether their children go to public schools or private schools, whether they use coupons to buy groceries or what kind of grades they got as students. It was very fascinating.

After reading this book I do know that I am a long way from being a millionaire but I do have the makings of one :) Don't believe me? Well take this list for starters. The millionaires weren't all ace students. They did not have huge family estates or funds to back them up. They are very particular about spending money. They are not stingy but careful. Although I still have to work on the last aspect the others I am there. I just need a killer idea that'll fetch me money and I will be there :)

The book is very american in context so one needs to do a lot of cross referencing and a lot of times facts are repeated over and over again. This might be so to drive a point home but it gets boring.

My rating 2.75 on 5


No comments: